Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Well At Least Some Homeless Woman Will Be Nicely Dressed.

Vancouver proved to be not as bad as I let on for sure. I had a feeling something would go wrong however, and indeed it did. I have had a great week…. bare that in mind. First of all, I left my purse at the hotel by accident when I spent the weekend with Kaityln ( I didn’t mention this before) so we went back to get it. Whilst at the aquarium I tried to take pictures of the fish, there was this mysterious giant black box in my pictures. I obviously got worried….but then we took it to the mall to a Blacks. I tired to use it before we went in, and it wouldn’t take a picture at all. We are talking an expensive SLR camera here, not no crappy point and shoot. After a while we determined that my mirror was broken inside, it wasn’t smashed…I mean it wasn’t moving properly. So it might not be covered by the warranty if my camera was dropped and it got this way. I determined in my brain that it couldn’t have dropped in the last 24 hours because for more than half it as sitting on a table in my purse. Also the woman said that I would remember the drop; it would have been that big that I would definitely remember it. The next task was to figure out how to get it fixed, I would need to send it to a Blacks then it would be sent to Nikon, and then they would determine the cause and possibly fix it. This will take 4 to 5 weeks, I will not be in the same place for a very long time. So we determined after a stressed crying phone call to my mom that Kaitlyn would ship it home to Stonewall then they would take it to the Blacks where we purchased it then off to Nikon. Hopefully I will have my camera back in time for my trip to London that I have just planned in mid December to visit my friend Jessie. Oye Vey. So for the next few blog posts I will probably have some low quality pictures and/or other people’s pictures!
            Next downer, (gee this is getting pretty negative….don’t worry it’ll get better). When we got to our second hotel were we were staying for the Urban Plunge, we unloaded our trailer and the leaders then told us of a bit of a luggage fiasco that had happened 2 nights prior. Basically our trailer’s locks had been cut, and possibly things had been stolen out of the back. We had all priority packed so that we had one bag for about 6 days. So everything we didn’t need for this week was inside the trailer. After looking around and not finding my 65 liter backpack, 13 other people and I gathered and determined our things had been stolen. To say the least thousands of dollars of things had been stolen, pants, winter jackets, cameras, a passport, you name it. People were quite bummed, but everyone had a really good attitude and carried on through the day doing outreach. At first it was hard to go onto the streets and reach out to people who had done this to us….I understand they weren’t the exact same people…but you get it. THEN, the miraculous part comes in! (for me anyways…) We had been praying a lot about this situation and then after our day of outreach we met back together….and we heard a crazy story (which involved me jumping for joy). Turns out one group of people from our site were walking down the street and saw a man selling things, some of the books he was selling looked awfully familiar. They were actually all the books we are studying this year…RED FLAG. Also they recognized some of my things, so they called one of our leaders who contacted the police. Then two undercover police officers came and arrested the seller. Crazy crazy stuff!! So I got back all of my shoes inside of my backpack, (all of which were new or newish…like my runners, hiking boots, and some more fashionable boots) my rain jacket, and my boots. AWESOME. They were found in dumpster, and this man found them and begun to sell them. They all smelt like garbage…but at least I have them!!
I feel as if the update on the actual Urban Plunge will have to be a separate post….too much random crap

No comments:

Post a Comment