Sunday, September 25, 2011

Teas, Mummies, and...Postmodernism?


September 13, 2011
Points to Mention: Thank you so much to my mummy, for buying me my mug. I seriously would be lost without it here. Not even kidding, I’ve had 3 mugs of tea today because it was so cold. It just reminds me of home, and keeps me rather pleased with life.
            We had a dance party in the cabin last night, after snack. Super funny, I’m looking forward to having more.
Well, I’m sure I’m not going to write a blog post everyday like I have been doing, I just feel like there is SO much I need to keep writing about. Like, we started classes today! We had our first session this morning; it was at 9 to about 11 o’clock. Our speaker is preaching on theology, and the intro this morning pretty much goes over my head. We talked a lot about postmodernism, and I’m not going to lie, I don’t really know what it is. He gave us definitions, but they all are pretty confusing. Postmodernism came after the enlightenment, it’s an approach to life that is all about you, and science, and the belief you can do anything in the world really. Or that is how Julie is explaining to me as I type…we need to try to interpret things our own way and not take everything that everyone says as truth.
So at Silver Bay Bible Camp (The camp I counsel at every summer) has a coffee house, in which we dance, drink tasty beverages and such.  So I thought for the Halloween party with our site we could kinda do the same thing, with dancing. In which someone….haha i.e. ME would make up simple simple simple choreography in which people would partner up and do and then watch groups go together after the learning process. Yeah. It would be great, like super chill dance class.

No comments:

Post a Comment