Saturday, September 10, 2011

Stuck In Metaphorical Mud In My Proverbial Pick Up Truck




It’s 6 30, the night before and I’m not packed yet.... Oh goodness. My mum helped me clean out my room today, there were 2 recycling bags, 2 garbage bags, and a tub full of crap that I was either donating or just throwing out. I have no idea why I keep as much stuff as I do. Bonnie, my oh so pampered cat enjoyed the cleaning process as well apparently. Now my room looks a little naked. However, coming home to a clean room will be beyond fabulous. I love that feeling.
            Jasmyn (my bestie pants) is moving in to my room in October, due to   the fact that she got hired at the Esso here in town. She doesn’t live in town, so it’s awfully lovely that I do. She shall take my place indeed. Speaking of which, we decided today that we should have a friendship fish. I purchased a lovely white and orange goldfish, she will take care of while I’m gone and then when I’m home, I’ll join in the fun.Dudley Ringo Gildriscoll, welcome to your new home! : )
             We had Chinese food tonight as a lovely treat, and my fortune cookie said, “You have much to be thankful for”.  It’s not a fortune at all, however it’s extremely true. My mum is crazy amazing, pretty much cleaning my whole room and organizing everything, sewing things that need to be repaired, and all the while being happy and patient. I love that woman; I hope I will be like her.         
           It hasn’t settled in yet that I’m leaving; looking at my empty room is a little unsettling however. I was speaking to my friend last night and he looked over my schedule for the next 3 months and he said to me “ Wow. This is going to be amazing. It looks like just a huge party!” I really appreciate that perspective.  Sometimes I tend to get caught up with the fact that I can’t come home, and I will only have a few pairs of pants, or in other words the little things. When I should be thinking about the amazing fun experience I’m about to embark upon. I am truly thankful for everything my family, and the Lord have provided for me, and I can’t wait to start this crazy party tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I'll be thinking of you Tedi! I wasn't finished packing the night before I left either. It'll be fine. You will have awesome experiences. There will be hard parts too, but you'll get through them. Happy growing!

    ReplyDelete